The Web Leads module can be used several ways. The data contained within it can be utilized and incorporated for Internet and Web marketing purposes. The module consists of Leads that have entered manually or have been automatically uploaded into it. Leads will remain in the module until a Sales appointment has been scheduled. When a Web Lead has been converted to an appointment, the customer contact information is transfered from the Web Leads module into the Customers module. Converted and non converted leads are tracked and reported upon in the Web Leads report.
Automated Web Lead Imports
The Web Leads module can be configured to import leads directly from the Contact Us form on the franchise Window World Website. When this feature is enabled, customer contact information is automatically imported into the module and the lead is marked as Hot. When a lead status is marked as Hot, a Hot Leads widget is displayed on both appointment calendars. The conventional email notifciation method remains intact after this feature is enabled.
Contact MetricWise Support for information on incorporating this functionality into your company website.
During the process of pursuing a lead, it is helpful to track its status. A number of Lead Statuses are available to choose from: Attempted To Contact, Cold, Contact in Future, Contacted, Hot, Junk Lead, Lost Lead, Not Contacted, Pre Qualified, Qualified and Warm.
Any active Lead Source can be associated with a lead. Simply select it from the Lead Source picklist when creating or editing a lead.
Leads that are automatically imported are always marked as Hot, with a Lead Source of Internet. Leads that are manully entered can also be flagged as a Hot Lead. Simply enter the lead and mark the status as Hot. Whenever a lead status is marked as Hot, it will be listed in the Hot Leads widget. The Hot Leads widget is visible and accessible from both the Sales and Install calendars. The Hot Leads widget is a small window listing the contact name of the lead. Each name is an active link and when accessed, will load the Web Leads module and display the Lead in detail view. A Window World staff member should contact a hot lead as soon as possible and attempt to schedule an appointment. Leads are much more likely to be scheduled if they are contacted immediately. When a Hot Lead has been scheduled, it will be removed from the Hot Leads widget and from the Web Leads module. The customer contact information and any comments of the converted lead are transfered to the Customers module.
Scheduling a Sales Appointment from a Web Lead
- Access the Web Leads module from Sales on the main navigation menu bar.
- Find the lead to be scheduled - search by name or phone number.
- Select the lead by clicking on the lead name.
- Click the Schedule button in the Activities section or, scroll to the Activities section and click the blue Schedule button. This will load the lead contact information into the Create Appointment window.
- Select a Sales Rep, date, time and other information.
- Click the Save button.
Converting a lead in this manner creates a new contact in the customer list. All future interactions with this customer should take place from the customer listing or by using Phone Number lookup within the Create Appointment window. If comments were entered in the lead, they will be tranfered to the Comments section of the newly created Customer contact as part of the conversion process.
Manually Creating a Web Lead:
- Access the Web Leads module from the Sales on the main navigation menu bar.
- Click the green "+" icon.
- Complete the Lead Information section: Name, Address, Phone Number, Lead Source, Assigned To and. Lead Status.
- Enter the Address Information and Description.
- Click the Save button.
Viewing a Web Lead:
- Use the Search function and locate a lead to view or schedule.
- Click the First or Last name of the lead.
Editing a Web Lead
- Use the Search function and locate a lead to be edited.
- From the results list, click the Edit link under the Action column. Or, click the First or Last name and click the green Edit button.
- Edit the information.
- Click the Save button.
Searching for a Web Lead:
- In the Filters section, choose All from the picklist, or select the desired filter.
- In the Search For box, enter your information.
- In the IN box, select the desired search criteria from the picklist: First Name, Last Name, Lead Source, Description or Email. The items in the picklist will vary, depending on which filter is being viewed.
- Click the Search Now button.
The search results list will be displayed. A lead can viewed by clicking on the First or Last name; the lead can be edited by clicking the green Edit button.
Accessing the Go To Advanced Search link Search provides additional search options to select from.
Web Lead filters
Two filters standard filters are included in the Web Leads module: All and Hot leads.. Additional filters can be created by any user to customize the information that is displayed. This is particularly useful for internet marketing related activities.
To add a To Do:
- Scroll to the Activities section and click the blue Add To Do button
- Fill out the required fields and click the green Save button
To add a Comment:
- Scroll to the Comment Information secton and click the blue Add Comment button
- Type in the text and click the green Save button
All comments can be viewed by accessing the Comments module located under Tools on the main navigation menu bar.
To add a Document:
- Scroll to the Documents section
- Click the blue Add Document button.
- Enter a title in the Title field.
- Click the Browse button and locate your file. Acceptable formats include PDF, Word and Text Documents, Excel, along with these types of Image Files: GIF, JPEG, PNG and TIFF.
- Enter a description (optional)
- Click the green Save button.
If a document has already been scanned into MetricWise and is to be linked to the lead, click the green Select Documents button. The Documents module will load. Locate the document using the Search function. When located, place a check mark next to it and click the green Select Documents button. Click OK in the dialog box.
All documents can be viewed by accessing the Documents module located under Tools on the main navigation menu bar.
The Locate Map button is accessible in the view mode, providing a street view and coordinates for nearby cross streets.