There are many important changes to the calendar and record contract form (marked in brackets below). This short video explains these changes. Share it with your staff:
Video release notes for 1107a
- Calendar Rewritten -- Appointments on both the sales calendar and install calendar are more compact. Users can click inside the calendar grid to load the create appointment window. And calendar screens load even faster.
- New Edit Trail -- See who did what and when they did it. At the bottom of the detail view for appointments, contracts, and contacts the Edit Trail displays a history of changes to the record in plain English.
- Calendar Week View -- On the calendar to the left of blue date label the calendar can be changed from Day to Week view. The install calendar view groups appointments by installer, then by day of the week. The sales calendar week view groups by day of the week, and then by sales rep. Hover over any appointment for more information. Click in the empty area of the calendar grid to load the create appointment window.
- [IMPORTANT] Create Appointment Window Rewritten -- The create appointment window is more compact to fit on smaller monitors. To minimize the create appointment window and see the entire calendar, collapse the create appointment window by clicking the triangle icon on its title bar.
- [IMPORTANT] Prepare for QuickBooks setting is now a checkbox at the top of the record contract form.
- Recurring appointments control added to bottom of Create Appointment window. Use with Out of Office appointments. Set by picking a date range and adjusting how the appointments will repeat within that date range.
- [IMPORTANT] Calendar locking and the red message in the create appointment window have been removed. Double bookings are now prevented by checking for exisiting appointments in the calendar time slot. Before hanging up with a customer verify that the appointment is displayed on the calendar.
- [IMPORTANT] In the Create Appointment window on a successful phone number look up, the system no longer changes the lead source to Existing Customer. Instead it loads the lead source that was previously set for that customer. If the appointment being set is really for repeat business, set the lead source to Existing Customer by hand -- the system no longer tries to make this decision.
- On the record contract form, wood grain and interior colors are displayed correctly for parts that use those options.
- In a customer contact, the Schedule button in the activities section can be used to create new appointments on the calendar.
- Default appointment times can be changed for sales and install appointments. Current defaults are 90 minutes for sales appointments and 4 hours for installation appointments.
- New field available in Contracts for Installation Manager. Useful for stores that have more than one person tracking installs and services. Can be activated on request to email@example.com.
- On the sales appt detail (lead sheet) a history of previous appointments with that customer is displayed above the Notes section.
- Action shortcut menus, accessible when clicking on a calendar appointments, are also displayed in the Activities sections of Contracts, Contacts, and All Events and To Dos.
- New Install appointment result, Service Required. Use Service Required for an installation that can be completed with a service call. Use install appointment result Incomplete for an installation that requires new parts to be ordered.
- Installation appointments can be resulted from the Activities section of a Contract.
- The Notes section of the sales appt detail (lead sheet) is now blank to allow free form note taking.
- On appointment appt detail (lead sheet) county is displayed instead of territory.
- On Warehouse Sign, sales rep is displayed, and customer home phone number added back to contact information.
- When setting an appointment with status Measure, the contract Install Stage is no longer set to Scheduled.
- On install calendar, View Appointment option was added to the appointment shortcut menu.
- New Lead Source category added: Magazine.
- Deleted contracts no longer included in Warehouse Sign batch print.