We are upgrading MetricWise to version 1205a this week. Share the following information with your staff who will be affected by these changes.
- New Report: Cost of Goods Sold -- Now you can do basic job costing from within MetricWise. Just enter your COGS expenses under each contract (see below), and this new sales report will subtract commission, installer pay, manufacturer cost, and other cost; showing what dollar amount and percentage of the job remains as profit.
- Report Tweaks: Cumulative Monthly Sales -- The new reports added in the 1204c update (Total Sales by Month and Units Sold by Month) have new graphs showing cumulative year to date sales. Now you can see at a glance how sales are running in calendar 2012 compared to past years. Just select a date range and scroll down to the third graph on the page.
- Sales Reps Can Access Reports (optional) -- Your MetricWise server can be configured to allow sales reps access to reports. Just like on the home page Key Performance Indicators, sales reps will only their personal results. Office Manager access will remain unchanged. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like your sales reps to see their Sales Summary, Closing %, Leads Run, Rehash, or other report data.
- New fields in Contract -- To support the new Cost of Goods Sold report mentinoed above, two new fields are included in the contracts module: Manufacturer Cost and Other Cost. Record totals for all invoices associated with the contract in these two fields.
- Disk usage displayed in the Control Panel -- Related to the new disk usage guidelines for document attachments, you can see your remaining disk space under Management -> Control Panel -> Disk Usage. The amount and percentage used at your current service level are displayed here.
- Tax rates import to QuickBooks -- For stores that charge sales tax, the tax rates will be set automatically in QuickBooks instead of having to get set by hand. You must have matching names and rates in both QuickBooks and MetricWise to guarantee the QuickBooks tax rate will be set correctly.
- Assign service appointments to install or sales or calendar -- When assigning a Service from the Jobs list, a sash drop or other minor service can be assigned to a sales rep. Click the Schedule button from the job list as normal, and set the apointment status to Service. Then simply change the calendar from Install to Sales, and select desired date, time, and sales rep to save the appointment.
- New Contract Printout: Contract Acceptance Letter -- This peronalized letter can be printed and mailed to customers to confirm that their mail in contract was received and processed. Feel free to contact us to customize your existing print outs or to request additional printed collateral from contracts.
- QuickBooks imports will succeed even if customer names have been changed.
- KPI formatting on home page fixed in Firefox.
- QuickBooks queue manager displays both customer and contract number.
- Comments are merged when merging duplicate customers.
- Delete and restore actions are included in Edit History.
- Second page should no longer print when printing one page documents from Internet Explorer.
- Rehash report will not display contacts who have requested not to be contacted.